Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lost and Found

I thought I lost my writing kit today. Mum's always telling me, "That cloth envelope from the Starbucks planner isn't enough. Keep it in your bag!"

But then of course, who listens to their parents? So I had a heart attack today when I found out that it was not in my bag.


That kit is worth more to me than my 3DS and PSP combined. It contains just a teeny notebook, mechanical pencil, eraser, and pencil lead. And it only contains one story, and a fanfic at that. But I've really made a big effort into that story. I put my heart and soul into it, almost literally. It's based on D.Gray-man, but I've made the biggest effort not to make the story a cliche "OC goes into their world, bishie falls in love with her, the end!".

I'm not glossing over the facts. When she gets trapped in that world, she will be homesick. When she receives her Innocence, she will be terrified, not happy. If she gets mind-raped by Road, she will not be "Okay, I'm alright, I'm still sane!" afterwards. I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible, and the story is as close to my heart as any other can be.

Things went downhill from there. The Math seatwork we had this morning, about oh-so-easy variations in algebra, made me feel so stupid I was ready to cry right then and there. I got stuck in this one number because I mixed up the formula for Inverse and Joint variations, and I didn't manage to finish the last number. My seatmate wasn't any help either.

"Ohmygosh, what's wrong with you, brah? Bakit ang complicated ng solution mo? (Why is your solution so complicated?)"

SHUT UP. I FEEL BAD ENOUGH.

Then after that, we continued dissecting the cat in bio.... then after that I skipped my chorus practice coz I felt so horrible about my notebook.... then after that I seriously considered skipping guitar practice. I felt that bad.

It was like a heavy weight on my chest. My heart felt like it was constricting. I was actually surprised that my stomach didn't start cramping. It felt like it was going to. I imagined all the reasons why a person would take my kit. I would understand if they wanted it thinking it was a Starbucks planner, but a simple peek inside would have solved that problem. It wasn't with the lady guard, or in the lost and found office... I felt sick, really sick, at the thought of it gone.

Ironically it was guitar practice that made me feel better. My teacher had made me a slower version of the minus one, and when I played with it I knew I could do it. Now all I need to do is practice (which I am currently not doing. UGH.)

Luckily I found it in the back of the car in a tiny niche where stuff is always falling. THANK YOU GOD, I SAY, THANK YOU GOD. I was so happy and relieved.

Now my entry is done, and I am going to stop procrastinating now. I've been staying up late for four nights straight and that's going to bite me in the butt later, I know it.

Singing off,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment